Miss Johnson’s Stitchery Exposition
The Embroiderers’ Guild of America
San Francisco, CA
September 5-10, 2010
Miss Johnson’s Stitchery Exposition, sponsored by the Seminar 2010 Committee and the Greater Pacific Region, is a venue to display the excellence in needleart and personal achievement. All entries must be an original work of needleart; from the beginning, solely the creative product of the person entering. Size of entries will be restricted to 12”x12”x4”. Each entry must be related to the San Francisco Barbary Coast, depicting the people, costumes, transportation, colors, feelings, and/or other facets of the time period of 1850 through 1917.
There will be special categories for corsets, both wearable and mini. The size restrictions or original design requirements will not apply to the corsets.
One does not need to be registered for Seminar to participate in this exhibit. The exhibit will be juried as well as judged.
Entries must have been completed within the two years prior to Seminar 2010. Entries must be the finished work by threaded needle of a living person who is a member of EGA. There will be a limit of three (3) entries per exhibitor. Entries must be display ready.
- Beading – Projects primarily using beading techniques such as peyote, brick, etc.
- Canvas – Basketweave, Creative Stitchery, Petit Point, Silk and Metal, Mixed Media, etc. on canvas/congress cloth
- Counted Thread – Assisi, Blackwork, Cross-Stitch, Hardanger, Pulled Thread, Drawn Thread, Rozashi, Mixed Media on evenweave fabric or perforated paper
- Needlelace – any form of lace made with a needle with an eye
- Quilting – Pieced Patchwork, Applique, Trapunto, hand or machine sewn (note the size restrictions of 12”x12”x4”)
- Surface Embroidery – Crewel, Brazilian, Silk and Metal, Ribbon Embroidery, Mountmellick, Smocking, Cutwork, Stumpwork, Mixed Media, etc. on non-countable ground
- Traditional Japanese Embroidery
- Wearable Needleart Corset
- Mini Corset
- Group Projects by 2 or more makers
Entry fee is $20.00 for the first entry and $10.00 for each two (2) subsequent entries.
Download Entry form: Sem2010 StitcheryExposition.pdf
EGA National Seminar information available on the Website: http://www.egausa.org/
The Embroiderers’ Guild of America, Inc.
426 West Jefferson Street
Louisville, KY 40202-3202
Phone (502) 589-6956
Fax (502) 584-7900