Quilting Natural Florida II
Quilters of Alachua County Day Guild
Florida Museum of Natural History
The Florida Museum of Natural History and the Quilters of Alachua County Day Guild are pleased to invite you to participate in this juried quilt exhibit celebrating the natural history of the State of Florida.
Entry Information (truncated)
- Open to all, but entries must be constructed and quilted by the person or group named on the entry blank.
- Quilters 18 years of age and younger are also encouraged to enter.
- Quilts may be representational, symbolic or iconic of the natural flora, fauna, and environment of Florida.
- Entries must be three (3) layers (top, batting and backing) and may be quilted by hand or machine.
- Entries may not exceed 80 inches by 120 inches. No wearable art will be accepted.
- Quilts for the exhibit will be selected by a jury. This will not be a judged show. All decisions of the jurors are final.</li>
- Quilts must be available for the complete duration of the exhibit in the spring of 2010.
Entry fee of $10 per quilt.
Check the Museum’s web site http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/ for a future announcement of the exact exhibit dates.
Check the Guild website http://www.qacdg.org/ for current information.
Download the prospectus: http://www.qacdg.org/
A list of websites which contain information on plants and animals which occur naturally in Florida are included in the prospectus.