2010 Catalog Cover Art Competition
The Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival
Howard County Fairgrounds
West Friendship, MD
May 1 & 2, 2010
The Maryland Sheep Breeders Association announces a competition for the 2010 Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival catalog cover art. The winning art work will be used to design the catalog cover, posters, T-shirts, and other items to publicize the 37th Annual Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival at the Howard County Fairgrounds May 1 & 2, 2010. The winning artist will receive a check for $1,000. There will also be up to four $100 Honorable Mention awards.
Competition Rules (truncated)
- The subject should be related to sheep and/or wool.
- The art should be suitable for use on the 5½” x 8½” Festival catalog cover, as well as on T-shirts, coffee mugs, posters, advertisements, etc.
- All two-dimensional media are acceptable including paintings, drawings, collages, photographs, tapestry, computer generated art, etc. in vertical, horizontal, or square formats. Entries should be no larger than 18” x 24”.
- Collaborative efforts will be accepted; however, all collaborators must sign the release on the entry form.
- Entries will be accepted beginning on October 19, 2009 and until 6:00 P.M. Monday, November 9, 2009. They must be mailed or delivered.
Contact The Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival office with questions regarding the competition:
Download 2010 Catalog Cover Art Contest Entry Form and Rules: 2010 Catalog Art Form [pdf]
A gallery of past Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival catalog covers will be available at www.sheepandwool.org