2014 Quilts: A World of Beauty
International Quilt Association
October 28, 2014 through November 2, 2014
The objective of the Judged Show is to promote and encourage the art and appreciation of quiltmaking and wearable art. We strive to encourage excellence in quiltmaking and to educate quilters and the general public by presenting the finest examples of traditional and contemporary quilts and art garments that the members can produce by:
1. Providing an exhibition and competition to spotlight the current work of IQA quiltmakers; and
2. Rewarding excellence in design and craftsmanship through the presentation of awards based on qualified and impartial judging.
Quilts/garments are to be entered for judging in the following categories. IQA and its jurors or judges reserve the right to move an entry to a category other than the one in which it was entered without notifying the entrant. Final placement will be at the discretion of the judges.
Art-Abstract, Art-Miniature, Art-Naturescapes, Art-Painted Surface, Art-People, Portraits, and Figures; Art-Pictorial, Art-Whimsical, Digital Imagery, Embellished, Group, Handmade, Innovative Appliqué, Innovative Pieced, Merit Quilting, Hand; Merit Quilting, Machine, Miniature, Mixed Technique, Traditional Appliqué, Traditional Pieced, Wearable Art.
- Large: One length + one width of the quilt must exceed 120 in (305 cm), but not exceed 240 in (612 cm). Neither the length nor the width may exceed 120 in (305 cm).
- Small: Quilts that do not fall within the miniature definition (Example: an 18 in x 26 in or 45.7 cm x 66 cm quilt) and one length + one width of the quilt must not exceed 120 in (305 cm)
- Miniature: Quilts must measure less than or equal to 24 in (61 cm) on each side.
HOW TO ENTER (truncated)
You must be a member of IQA to enter. You may join or renew with your entry. International shall be accepted but ALL ENTRIES must be RECEIVED IN THE OFFICE BY May 29, 2014. Please allow time for mail service. Late entries cannot be accepted.
Completed and signed IQA entry form. Photocopies are allowed.
Non-refundable entry fee–$30 in U.S. funds per entry. All entrants may pay by check or money order in U.S. funds or by credit card.
For each quilt entered, send two digital images—one full view of the completed quilt and one detail view.
For each garment ensemble, send three images—one full front view, one full back view, and one detail to include the quilting and/or garment embellishment detail.
Download Prospectus: www.quilts.org/2014IQAJudgedShow.pdf
Visit website for more information: www.quilts.org
Call 713-781-6882 or e-mail email@example.com for any additional information.
IQA Judged Show–Fall ‘14
7660 Woodway, Suite 550
Houston, TX 77063