9th International Hats' Art Competition - 2011
Atelier-Musée du Chapeau
Chazelles-sur-Lyon, Monts du Lyonnais
May 21 to October 4, 2011
OPEN TO FRENCH, EUROPEAN AND FOREIGN DESIGNERS.
The theme of the contest is “Nomade”.
As widely taken as possible, this theme will value travelling, freedom, moving through space in creativeness. Revisited ethnical head dresses or nomadic notions, enhanced in a freely creative way, can be fancied as well.
According to Chazelles-sur-Lyon hat making tradition, FELT will have to be part of the design.
Each designer will make sure that his/her creation is easy to wear (size, proportion, balance, comfort, etc...) in the spirit of an "everyday" or "event" product rather than an artistic creation.
The jury whose president will be a representative of Jean Paul Gaultier firm will award 10 prizes.
PANEL OF JUDGES
• The panel of judges will include different well-known figures from the fashion, hat world and a representative of Jean Paul Gaultier firm.
• The panel will judge the pre-selected hats on an anonymous basis, with no previous knowledge of the designers' names.
As a contribution to the contest general expenses, the following registration fees shall have to be paid:
• 10 euros for French participants
• 25 euros for members of the European Union (except Norway) and Overseas French.
• 35 euros for participants from Norway, Canada, the United States, the Near, Middle and Far East, Australia, New Zealand, African and Asian Countries
Entry Form: www.museeduchapeau.com/ENTRY_FORM.pdf
Visit website: www.museeduchapeau.com
For more informations : 00 33 (0)4 77 94 23 29