Call for Submissions
2014-15 SOLO EXHIBITIONS
Arlington Arts Center
Fall Solos: October 18 - December 20, 2014
Spring Solos: April 2015
Each year, Arlington Arts Center selects 10 to 14 artists from across the Mid-Atlantic region for solo exhibitions in AAC’s seven separate gallery spaces or outside on the grounds. Proposals that specifically consider AAC’s space, layout, and surrounding environs are encouraged. Floor plans are available on our website .
Fall Solos will take place October 18 - December 20, 2014. Spring Solos will open in April 2015.
Artists who produce cutting-edge contemporary art in any and all media, and who live or work in Virginia, Washington DC, Maryland, West Virginia, Delaware, or Pennsylvania may submit exhibition proposals. Any existing works must have been completed within the last 3 years in order to be considered.
- Artist’s Statement. 1 page, max.
- CV/Resume. 3 pages, max.
- Exhibition Proposal. 2 pages, max.
Describe what you plan to do, how you will do it, and what you hope to accomplish with the show. Include information in your proposal about how this project or body of work is well-suited to the galleries at AAC.
- Work Samples. Submit either 12 images; 4 minutes of recorded materials; or 2 minutes of recorded material and 6 images.
- Work Sample Index. List of the samples submitted, including the title, dimensions, medium, price or insurance value, and year of creation for each piece.
Fee: $35 fee for non-members and a $25 fee for members. For those who would like to join, it's $45 and your application fee is included.
DETAILS OF PARTICIPATION
Arlington Arts Center will:
• Provide artistic and curatorial support to the artists;
• Offer insurance for the artwork in AAC space;
• Publicize the exhibition using postcards, social media, blog postings, and press outreach;
• Conceive and implement overall exhibition design, including artwork placement, signage, and lighting.
• Provide labor and materials to install and deinstall the artwork;
• Transport the work to and from AAC; and
• Attend the opening reception and other events
Visit website for details: https://www.arlingtonartscenter.org/solos/apply
View online application and proposal guidelines >
Questions? Email email@example.com
Arlington Arts Center
3550 Wilson Blvd
Arlington VA 22201