Wyoming Visual Arts Fellowships 2014
Wyoming Arts Council
Founded in 1967, the Wyoming Arts Council is a state agency that forges collaborations with artists, arts organizations and communities through grants, technical assistance and promotion. Each year the Wyoming Arts Council awards up to three $3,000 fellowships in the visual arts. In addition to the three recipients, each panel may select honorable mentions. Panelists may choose not to award the number of fellowships or honorable mentions available.
Recipients of the visual arts fellowships exhibit their work in the Wyoming Arts Council Biennial Exhibit, held every two years at a major visual arts institution in state.
The Wyoming Arts Council invites Wyoming artists to apply for its 2014 Visual Arts Fellowships. Fellowships honor the work of Wyoming visual artists that reflects serious and exceptional aesthetic investigation. Artists working in any of the following media are welcome to apply: experimental (conceptual/new media), graphic (printmaking/book arts), painting, sculpture, installation, photography (includes experimental, color, black & white, photocopy and computer), clay, fiber, glass, leather, metal, paper, plastic, wood, mixed media, film or video.
Fellowship judging will be anonymous. Decisions are based solely on the merit of the work submitted. Work is viewed electronically. Out of state jurors are chosen to represent a wide range of stylistic and aesthetic concerns, a broad understanding of contemporary visual art, and ethnic, gender and age diversity.
Artists may submit up to ten work samples, of which up to two may be “detail” images, if appropriate. Film/video applicants may submit up to 6 samples, and have the option to submit stills.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have been domiciled within the state borders for a total of 20 months in the previous two years
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have legal resident status (evidence of U.S. citizenship, resident status and state residency may be required).
- Must register with the Artist Image Registry
- May not be affiliated with the Wyoming Arts Council either as a board member or staff member, including their families, whether full-time, part-time or contractual.
- May not be an employee of the Department of State Parks and Cultural Resources.
- Must remain a Wyoming resident for at least one year after award, living in the state for at least 10 months of the year
- Must not have received a fellowship within the last four years
- May receive a total of two fellowship awards in their lifetime
Applications accepted via CaFE: https://www.callforentry.org/festivals.php?apply=yes
Visit website for full details: http://wyoarts.state.wy.us/wac-grant/fellowship-for-visual-artists/