AQC Challenge 2014
Sponsored by Expertise Events Pty Ltd
Australasian Quilt Convention
April 2014 to November 2014
- The theme of the 2014 competition is ‘Ten’.
- There is one category only.
- Entry is open to all.
- Entries can either be based on a traditional or contemporary design that reflects and interprets the theme ‘Ten’.
- The entry must have been completed between May 2013 and the deadline.
- All entries must be original. If the entrant has drawn inspiration from another artwork such as a photograph that source must be acknowledged in the entry form.
- An entrant may apply any techniques including piecing, appliqué, embroidery, whole cloth and/or manipulated fabric, etc. Any materials may be used, but the final result must be flexible in nature and consist of three layers of fabric held together with stitching.
- Each entry must measure 125cm (49in) square.
- Each entry must have a Velcro hanging strip attached to the top back edge of the quilt (instructions are on the website).
- A label with the entrant’s name, address, telephone number and email must be securely sewn to the back of the quilt.
- Each entrant may submit up to two quilts.
- All entries must be submitted via online entry form on the Australasian Quilt Convention website www.aqc.com.au no later than February 21, 2014
A panel of three judges will then select up to 30 finalists. The judges’ decision is final. Upon seeing the actual quilts, the organisers reserve the right to decide which quilts will be included in the exhibition. The organisers reserve the right to refuse any work that does not match the images submitted to the judges. Any work which requires special hanging conditions, or includes delicate or fragile embellishments or which cannot be easily folded will not be selected.
Download Competition Rules: 2014AQC-Challenge-Rules.pdf
Visit the following websites for additional details: