Schweinfurth Art Center
October 27, 2013 - January 5, 2014
Quilts=Art=Quilts is the Schweinfurth Art Center's 33rd annual juried quilt exhibition. The Art Center has long-recognized the importance of quilts as a visual medium, and has been presenting quilts in an art gallery setting since 1981. Jurors select quilts based on overall quality of design, visual impact and originality. Prizes are awarded including $1000 for Best of Show. Opening weekend includes a reception, workshops and a brunch for artists and friends.
Definitions & Conditions of Entry (truncated)
- A quilt is a fabric sandwich comprised of at least two layers: a top, a back and usually a filling which are held together with quilting or tying threads. Integration of non-fabric items is acceptable.
- Up to two entries of original work per person are permitted.
- The jurors and staff of SMAC reserve the right to refuse any accepted entry for exhibition if it does not contain the same qualities as the submitted image.
- Quilts must measure a minimum of 900 square inches total (Height x Width = Square Inches). The vertical dimension of any single piece may not exceed 108”.
- Quilts must have been completed after 2010 and must be in pristine condition and show ready.
- Pre-programmed computerized machine quilting is not eligible; Quilts made or derived from kits, workshops, classes or commercial patterns are not eligible.
- SMAC will retain a 25% commission on all sales made during the exhibition. An insurance value and a sale price, which includes commission, must be included on the entry form.
Rosalie Dace has a B.A., UED in Fine Art and English. She has been traveling and teaching for 25 years, encouraging creative growth and development in her students.
Jo Anne Cooper is co-director of Mobilia Gallery, an internationally known gallery featuring 20th and 21st century decorative arts, sculpture, paintings, textiles and studio jewelry.
How to Enter (truncated)
- Send completed entry form, images and entry fee to SMAC by August 16, 2013. One artist or collaborative group per entry form.
- Entry fee is $30 for up to 2 quilts for non-members and $25 for new or current SMAC members.
- Include two digital images of each entry (one full view and one detail). Slides, photographs and emailed images will not be accepted.
- Digital images must be submitted on one CD and saved as JPEGs; All images must be of publication quality.
Download Prospectus: www.schweinfurthartcenter.org/QAQprospectusFinal.pdf
For more information on the Schweinfurth Art Center, please visit: www.myartcenter.org
Schweinfurth Art Center
205 Genesee Street
Auburn, NY 13021
phone: (315) 255-1553