28th Annual Tallahassee International Juried Competition
Florida State University Museum of Fine Arts
August 26 to September 29, 2013
The Tallahassee International is an annual juried competition organized by Florida State University Museum of Fine Arts. The competition is open to all media and is juried by a panel of faculty from within the College of Visual Arts, Theatre and Dance.
Eligibilty: Artists are eligible to submit works without regard to sex, race, creed or national origin. Artists must be 18 years of age or older (current FSU College of Visual Arts, Theatre & Dance faculty or students may NOT enter). All media is eligible for consideration.
Fee: $20.00 (Non-refundable)
Entry Guidelines: (truncated)
- A maximum of two (2) works per person may be submitted. Digital images must be in jpeg format.
- For two-dimensional pieces provide one (1) image per work.
- For three-dimensional and installation pieces artists may provide two (2) images per work—a front and rear view or an overall view and a detail.
- Work must be original and prepared for exhibition (i.e. ready for hanging or other appropriate installation), and must be reasonably adaptable to gallery installation.
- The Museum does not impose size restraints, however artists who reside outside the United States and artists whose crated work weighs more that 150 pounds crated
and/or exceeds standard Fed Ex and UPS length and girth measurements, requiring the use of freight shipping, will be responsible for both incoming and return shipping.
Method of Selection: (truncated)
The competition is blind juried by a panel of faculty members from the Florida State University College of Visual Arts, Theatre & Dance. Jurors select works based on their own merit and must agree the artist demonstrates skill within the chosen medium. Artists will be notified of acceptance or non-acceptance no later than April 19, 2013.
Special Exhibition Requirements: (truncated)
Any special exhibition requirements MUST BE submitted in writing accompanying the entry. If an installation work wins entry, the Museum of Fine Arts sets the following
conditions: The artist must provide specific installation instructions or be willing to deliver and install the work themselves.
Awards: The jurors select the award winners after the exhibition has been installed, from the actual works of art.
First Place $1,000.00
Second Place $500.00
Honorable Mentions are selected at the jurors’ discretion, however there is no monetary award.
Download Prospectus: 28th-TALLAHASSEE-INTERNATIONAL-Printed-Prospectus.pdf
Visit website for more information: http://mofa.cvatd.fsu.edu/participate/tallahassee-international/
If you have any questions, please email Jean D. Young at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (850) 644-3906
FSU Museum of Fine Arts
530 West Call Street,
Rm 250 Fine Arts Bldg.,
Tallahassee FL 32306-1140