Bethesda Fine Arts Festival
Bethesda Urban Partnership, Inc.
May 11 & 12, 2013
The festival will be held in downtown Bethesda, a lively urban area renowned for its restaurants, shopping, galleries and theaters. The Bethesda Urban Partnership, a non-profit organization that markets and maintains downtown Bethesda as well as manages the Bethesda Arts & Entertainment District, will manage the festival.
All original fine art and fine craft is eligible, including but not limited to: jewelry, painting, drawing, photography, sculpture and furniture. All work must be created by the artist. No mass-produced, commercially manufactured work, or work manufactured from kits or molds are eligible.
Show Guidelines (truncated)
- 130 booth spaces are available. The Bethesda Arts & Entertainment District advisory committee will select artists.
- Artists must be 18 years of age or older.
- Artists must be present throughout the festival.
- Artists may apply in more than one category; however, they may sell work only in the category in which they have been accepted.
- Reproductions of original work are permitted, but must be displayed in browse bins ONLY. No framed reproductions are allowed.
- The festival will take place rain or shine.
- All artists must provide their own tent and weights. Booth tents must be white and your display must be professional.
A three-member panel of jurors will select award winners from on-site evaluation on Saturday, May 11. Winners will be announced on Sunday, May 12.
Best in Show – $1,000
Three Jurors’ Choice Awards: Two Dimensional Work – $250 each
Three Jurors’ Choice Awards: Three Dimensional Work – $250 each
Standard 10' x 10'..........$425
Deluxe 10' x 20'............$850
Non-refundable Application Fee: $30
Download Prospectus & Application: http://www.bethesda.org/1_BFAF-App-FORM_2013.pdf
For more information, contact Catriona Fraser at 301-718-9651 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit website: www.bethesda.org/arts-festival-application
Bethesda Urban Partnership
7700 Old Georgetown Road
Bethesda, MD 20814