7th International Fiber Art Biennale
Academy of Arts & Design, Tsinghua University
Nantong Municipal People's Government, China
Fiber Art Committee, China Arts & Crafts Association
Nantong City, Jiangsu Province
November 8, 2012 — December 15, 2012
‘From Lausanne to Beijing’ the 7th International Fiber Art Biennale will be held in Nantong city, Jiangsu Province from 8th November to 15th December, 2012. Simultaneously, an academic symposium will be held as well. We sincerely welcome all domestic and foreign artists, entrepreneurs, and academic friends to participate and support the exhibition.
‘From Lausanne to Beijing’ Biennale encourages international communication and popularization of fiber art. It enhances Chinese culture through creativity; stimulates the development of the information industry and provide an opportunity to demonstrate a new field of vision that is found and shared in the Biennale Exhibition and Symposium.
- ‘Century Master’ Creative Research Center has sponsored Gold, Silver, Bronze awards to this Biennale and titles the awards as ‘Bai Nian Ju Jiang （Century Master）’ Fiber Art Fund Prize.
- Gold: 1 Prize 50,000 RMB (includes purchase of work for the collection)
- Silver: 2 Prize 10,000 RMB
- Bronze: 6 Prize 5,000 RMB
- Excellence: Undetermined, Temporarily has not set up Prize.
- Gold award winning work piece will be kept by ‘Century Master’ Creative Research Center. The artist can refuse to accept cash prize for collection.
- Certificates will be presented to all the selected award-winning works.
PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS (truncated)
1. No restriction on fiber materials, form, or style; two-dimensional (2-D) or three-dimensional (3-D) work.
2. The gallery’s wall is 320cm high for 2-D works, and 600cm high space for 3-D works.
3. Application time: June 1st – July 15th 2012. (Entry must arrive before the end of the day, July 25, 2012.)
4. Registration fee: Free for foreign artists
5. Selection: Art Work will be selected by an evaluation committee. Notification of the jury decision will be sent to the artists by the organizing committee before Aug. 15th, 2012.
6．Exhibition Entry Fee : Free for foreign artists who are invited to the exhibition. ￥900 for Chinese artists (free for students )
7. The selected works will be published in the 7th ‘From Lausanne to Beijing’ International Fiber Art Biennale Catalogue.
Notice: For international participants, the Art Work must be shipped by international post office to Beijing. Participants will be responsible for all shipping and insurance costs. Organizing committee will pay for the return shipping costs.
Download Entry Form: www.chinafiberart.com.cn/201251194831188.doc
If you cannot download the application form, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizing Committee Contact Information:
General contact: Yue, Song （0086+13466356702）
Contact(China): Liu, Quanhua （0086+13621004831）
Contact (International): Wang, Mei (email@example.com)
Contact(Media):Liang, Kai (0086+15120000993) E-mail：firstname.lastname@example.org
C322/B357, Fiber Art Institute,
Academy of Arts & Design, Tsinghua University Haidian District,