Design & Editorial Submissions
Vogue Knitting (vogueknitting.com) is SoHo Publishing's flagship title. Launched twenty-five years ago, VK has set the bar for knitting, working with the biggest and most talented names in fashion today, including Michael Kors and Anna Sui. Led by Editor Adina Klein, VK is published quarterly.
SoHo Publishing is a established leader in the craft magazine and book publishing arena. SoHo creates and publishes the most widely known and respected magazine titles in the knitting, crochet and handicraft industry. Our expertise also allows us to successfully partner with some of the most recognizable names in the craft and fashion industry to produce customized magazines and books. Originally created as a division of the Butterick Pattern Company, SoHo has been an independent, full-service publishing company since 2001.
When sending us your submission, please take into account the following procedures, which will help us to expedite our communication with you. The more organized and concise your presentation, the more likely we will be to consider your designs. Please bear in mind that we reserve the right to hold and review design submissions until such time as the design selection process is finalized for all publications in a season; this may take up to six months. Please do not telephone or e-mail with inquiries as to the status of your submissions. All submissions will be returned as soon as we are finished with them. Due to space restrictions, we cannot hold all designs that are submitted for the duration of the selection process. Should you receive a few but not all of your submissions back, it means we are holding the balance for possible placement and will return them as soon as the process is complete.
Designs can be either mailed or e-mailed (but not both please). Follow these guidelines for submission:
• A swatch should always accompany a design sketch. Please staple them together.
• Mount sketches and attach swatches to 8.5" x 11" sheets.
• Make sketches dark enough to photocopy and keep a photocopy of each submission for your own records.
• Print your name, address and phone number clearly on each page.
• Include a self-addressed stamped envelope to ensure your swatches and sketches are returned.
• Mail to Vogue Knitting Magazine/Knit Simple/Knit.1, Design Submissions, 233 Spring Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10013
• Send clear scanned images of swatches and sketches and be sure that each file is clearly labeled with your name, address and phone number. Also make it clear which sketch and swatch are to accompany each other.
• If necessary, we will request a hard copy of a submission.
• JPGs or PDF files work best for us at 72 dpi only.
• E-mail our design submission department. Please state in the subject line that it is a design submission and for which magazine.
Please be aware that submission of a design does not guarantee publication in the magazine.
Both outlines and finished articles on topics related to knitting will be accepted. Please refer to the guidelines below for submission procedures.
All submissions must:
• Include an introductory letter briefly describing your writing experience and the piece submitted.
• Be typed and double-spaced
• Include name, address, phone, and e-mail on each page
If possible, include:
• Writing samples
• Copies of published work
To submit your materials, you can e-mail our Webmaster with "editorial submission" in the subject line or mail to Vogue Knitting Magazine, Article Submissions, 233 Spring Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10013
Article submissions, photos etc. will not be returned. Please be aware that submission of materials does not guarantee inclusion in the magazine.