Schweinfurth Art Center
Auburn, New York
November 1, 2014 - January 4, 2015
Quilts=Art=Quilts in an international juried quilt exhibition at the Schweinfurth Art Center in Auburn, New York. The Art Center has been a longstanding proponent of quilts as a visual arts medium and has been presenting quilts in a gallery setting since 1981. Jurors select quilts based on overall quality of design, visual impact and originality. Prizes are awarded, including $1,000 for Best of Show.
The entry fee for current members of the Schweinfurth Art Center is $30. The fee for non-members is $35.
Definitions & Conditions of Entry (truncated)
- A quilt is a fabric sandwich comprised of at least two layers: a top, a back and usually a filling. These are held together with quilting or tying threads.
- Integration of non-fabric items is acceptable.
- Up to two entries of original work per person are permitted.
- Preliminary acceptance will be granted based on digital images. Final acceptance will be granted after receipt and examination of quilt.
- The jurors and staff of the Schweinfurth Art Center reserve the right to refuse any accepted entry for exhibition if it does not contain the same qualities as the submitted image.
- Quilts must measure a minimum of 900 square inches total (height x width=square inches). The vertical dimensions of any single piece may not exceed 108 inches.
- Quilts must have been completed in 2012, 2013, or 2014.
- Quilts must be in pristine condition and be show ready.
- Quilts must have a continuous 3” wide sleeve attached to the back of the top of the quilt. Exceptions are made if appropriate means of hanging or display is provided.
- Quilts must be available from October 12, 2014-January 12, 2015.
- The Art Center will retain a 25% commission on all sales made during the exhibition. An insurance value and a sale price, which includes commission (unless the quilt is not for sale), must be included in the application.
An emphasis is placed on overall quality of design, originality and visual impact. Preliminary acceptance will be granted on the basis of the digital image submission. Prizes will be awarded for excellence in design and workmanship in multiple categories, including $1,000 for Best in Show. Prizes are determined after the exhibit is installed.
How to Enter
Complete the online application, submit images and make payment by midnight on August 15, 2014.
Complete details available on the exhibition website: www.qaqentry.org/
Also visit: www.schweinfurthartcenter.org
Schweinfurth Memorial Art Center
205 Genesee Street
Auburn, NY 13021
phone: (315) 255-1553
fax: (315) 255-0871