Intertwined: Contemporary Southeastern Fiber Art
Southeast Fiber Arts Alliance (SEFAA)
The Hudgens Center for the Arts
January 13 through March 21, 2015
Entries are now being accepted for Intertwined: Contemporary Southeastern Fiber Art. Artists are invited to submit up to two works utilizing any textile- or fiber-based techniques to Intertwined, a survey of the best contemporary fiber art in the Southeast. The exhibition will showcase a wide range of content, material, and techniques with the common threads of craftsmanship and passion.
Open to all artists working in one or more fiber techniques and living in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
Awards include $1,000 for Best of Show and three Honorable Mention awards of $200 each.
The exhibition will be held at the Hudgens Center for the Arts from January 13 through March 21, 2015.
LOCATION: The Hudgens Center for the Arts, 6400 Sugarloaf Parkway, Bldg. 300, Duluth, GA 30097. The exhibition may travel to another location if a second venue can be arranged.
ENTRY FEE: $30 for up to two entries. Southeast Fiber Arts Alliance (SEFAA) members receive a $10 discount.
- Entries must be submitted through CaFÉ™.
- Up to two works may be submitted.
- Submitted work must be original in design and must not have been previously shown in any major gallery or museum. Work completed since January 1, 2013 is preferred.
- Entries must utilize at least one textile- or fiber-based technique (interlaced, felted, stitched, dyed, coiled, knotted, printed, spun, woven, etc.) and can be of any material.
- Work must not weigh over 75 pounds including any mounting hardware and/or armature.
- You must personally deliver, install, and remove installation pieces.
- Jpeg image files are required for each work entered:
- For each entry, include a full view plus one or two additional detail images for clarification. (Minimum of 2 and maximum of 3 images per entry.)
Please visit CaFE for additional information and to enter. Entries will be accepted through October 31, 2014.