Salem Art Fair & Festival
Bush’s Pasture Park
July 18-20, 2014
The Salem Art Fair & Festival is a three-day outdoor celebration of the visual and performing arts. The primary focus of the event is the juried exhibition of gallery quality fine art and fine crafts, giving our audience the rare opportunity to meet, interact with, view the works of and purchase art from the individuals who have created it. Additionally, the festival offers artist demonstrations, art activities for children, live performances on 2 stages, and quality food, beer and wine.
RULES OF THE SHOW
- All work must be original, handcrafted work. Artist guarantees the accuracy of the description of the works presented and the authenticity of the work as the creation of their own hands.
- Work done by a production studio is not acceptable. All work must be designed and executed by the accepted artist.
- No more than two artists may collaborate on work. Both must be included on and sign the application. Both must be present at the Salem Art Fair & Festival (SAF&F).
- Artists wishing to share a booth must obtain permission from the Show Director. No more than 2 artists with different work may share a booth.
- Artists must be present with their work for the entire three days of the SAF&F. Representatives may not attend in place of the artist. The SAF&F will require photo identification at check-in to ensure compliance.
- Artists may only show work in categories and body of work selected by the Jury. All work exhibited must be of the quality, category and body of work of that shown in the images juried.
- Reproductions of an artist’s original work may be exhibited and must reside within a 5 ft wide by 10 ft area of a 10 ft by 10 ft booth or a 10 ft by 10 ft space in a double booth. Artists also may have no more than one bin of reproductions. Reproductions must be labeled as a reproduction or a limited edition and must be numbered (may not exceed 250).
Media categories are used by the Salem Art Fair & Festival as a tool for organizing artists' images into logical, related groups for the jury's review. While a balanced show that equitably showcases both works of fine art and fine craft as well as diversity among media is a principal Salem Art Fair & Festival objective, the festival establishes no quota or entitlement by media category.
In order to ensure that the rules are followed, all booths will be vetted daily.
Ceramics, Cottage Crafts, Digital Art, Drawing/Pastels, Emerging Artists, Fiber (non-wearable), Fiber Wearables, Glass, Graphics and Printmaking, Jewelry, Metalworks, 2-D Mixed Media, 3-D Mixed Media, Painting, Photography, Sculpture, Wood
Each application must be accompanied by the $35 non-refundable jury fee.
Applications accepted via Zapp.
View Online Prospectus: https://www.zapplication.org/event-info-public.php?fair_id=3033
Visit website: www.SalemArt.org
Salem Art Association
600 Mission Street SE
Salem, Oregon 97302