Call for Proposals
University of Alberta Hospital
Exhibition Season: May 2011 – April 2012
The McMullen Gallery is a public art space featuring 5-6 engaging, educational, and inspiring exhibits per year. The gallery offers shows in a wide range of styles in a relaxing and positive environment where patients, families and friends can meet to visit, listen to music, enjoy art and relax.
Seeking proposals for the exhibition year May 2011 – April 2012
The McMullen Gallery is a 900 sq. ft. gallery consisting of 175 running feet in a highly public, yet secure area - located just inside the main entrance of the University Hospital. The McMullen Gallery is seeking to host both group and solo exhibitions.
We provide positive high quality exhibitions that enhance the hospital experience. We are open to a wide variety of styles; both traditional and contemporary approaches that:
• present quality artwork which is visually appealing to a wide variety of audiences
• promotes a positive, respectful healthcare environment
• engage, educate and inspire our visitors of various ages, social, and cultural backgrounds
BUDGET & GALLERY ACTIVITIES
• The McMullen Gallery will provide artists fees, opening celebration, invitation design, labels and signage.
• Exhibitors will be responsible for any additional costs such as matting and framing, external publicity, insurance and extended publications such as catalogues.
• Please indicate if artists are available to lead our drop in studios every Thursday from 2pm – 4pm.
• Please write a description of any additional activities you may wish to provide.
Download Prospectus and Submission Form:
Submission Brochure (pdf)
Submission brochure (doc)
Visit website for additional details: www.capitalhealth.ca/UniversityofAlbertaHospital/McMullenGallery/
For questions, contact:
Diana Young Kennedy
Gallery and Collection Administrator