Blurred Boundaries Mixed Media Art Exhibition
August 30-September 3, 2010
Blurred Boundaries Mixed Media Art Exhibition is a juried exhibit that seeks to exhibit artwork that combines various techniques from different mediums. The 2010 show will focus on surface design.
Surface design is defined as the decoration of a surface through various coloring and pattern making techniques. These include but are not limited to screen printing, mono printing, dyeing, stitching, woodcut prints, linocuts, stamping, image transfer, and lithography. (Techniques do NOT have to be one of the listed above, they are simply given as examples to help clarify the focus of the exhibit.)
Blurred Boundaries seeks work that uses surface design as a focal point to the work. The exhibit is open to the U.S. and international participants.
The juror for the 2010 exhibit is Jeanne Williamson. Jeanne combines various surface design techniques in her work.
The exhibit will be displayed during the Fabrications Retreat in Kalamazoo, Michigan from August 30 - September 3, 2010. The Fabrications Retreat is a week long retreat focusing on various fiber art classes. The full listing available on website.
- Fiber and paper artwork is accepted as long as it focuses on surface design and can be easily hung. This includes but is not limited to: art quilts, art cloth, printmaking, etc.
- Work that is mounted on canvas or framed must be done so professionally. (This does not mean that a professional service must have done it; it simply means that the look should appear polished and clean with no visible pins, nails, etc. showing.)
- Art cloth is also acceptable but the artist must provide a way for it to be hung.
- Three dimensional work will not be accepted/
- Your work must be ready to hang. Work should include a hanging rod with holes in each end OR eye screws in the ends OR wire across the back of the work if it is framed or on canvas.
- You may submit up to three works. Work must have been completed in the past two years and may not have been shown in previous Blurred Boundaries exhibits. If work arrives tattered and/or significantly different from the submission photo, it will not be hung.
- Work must be original. No pattern or kit work will be accepted. Collaborative work will be accepted.
Max/Min ranges for all artwork (except art cloth):
Max size allowed in any direction: 48"
Min size allowed in any direction: 20"
Max/Min ranges for art cloth only:
Max width: 48" Min width: 18"
Max length: 72" Min length: 60"
First place: $100
Second place: $75
Third place: $50
Winners will be selected by the juror from digital images.
Work for Sale
Work may be for sale. There is a 25% commission fee.
You may submit up to three works for $25 entry fee. Fee may be paid by check or by paypal.
Entry Form [pdf]
Entry Form [doc]
Visit website for additional details: www.fabricationsretreat.com