Quilting Arts Magazine
Visit the website for complete details: quiltingarts.com
If you have a technique, project, or body of work to share, Quilting Arts Magazine® would like to hear from you. We are looking for the latest, most creative and/or unusual techniques and applications. We are interested in articles concerning contemporary art quilting, fabric painting and dyeing, beading, wearable arts, embellished quilting, mixed media, surface design, and crazy quilting.
Quilting Arts Magazine is actively seeking the following queries for publication:
- Images of your studio or creative space. Send up to three low-resolution jpegs to email@example.com with STUDIOS in the subject line.
- Art quilt and mixed-media artists to be profiled
- One-of-a-kind art quilts
- Small quilting projects that incorporate art quilting techniques
- Sketchbook-keeping for textile arts
- Quilts with text or script
- Water-soluble fabric or heat-dissolving techniques
- Landscape quilts
- Seasonal quilts
- Unique embellishment and surface-design techniques
- Quilting with mixed media including found objects
- Pictorial quilts
- Narrative quilts (quilts that depict a story)
- Image-transfer processes
- Beading techniques for quilting
- Bobbin-thread embroidery
- Abstract quilts
- Fiber journals
- Working with transfer inks
- Unusual fabric painting, printing, and dyeing methods
Our Guidelines for Submissions have Changed
For technique, process, or project articles, quilts for our Spotlight section, or if you would like to be a profiled artist and want to show us your artwork, you may now submit your queries via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us a brief description of the article you propose, including possible length and sidebar suggestions.
- Be sure to include your name, address, and phone number and list your credentials (such as teaching or previous writing experience).
- If you have photographs of the art or process, you may send up to three low-resolution jpegs along with your email. One email and three attached low-res jpegs only, please. If we are interested in your query, we may ask for more photos, or higher resolution jpegs to be sent, but we do all our magazine photography in-house.
- We will acknowledge that your email has been received immediately and let you know within 12 weeks via email whether we have accepted your query. No phone calls or emails, please.
Please note: Artist Profiles, Book Reviews, Product Reviews, and Reader Challenges are written by our in-house staff.
If you prefer, you may also send in queries via regular mail and include an SASE (self-addressed, stamped envelope) if you want your query materials returned. Succinctly describe your story idea or technique and include slides or prints of artwork or samples (these are just to give us an idea and do not need to be professionally shot).
Note: Our editors will consider complete articles submitted on spec, but queries will get first priority.
To mail your query, send it to:
Quilting Arts Magazine®
P.O. Box 685
Stow, MA 01775