Call for Submissions
A Matter of Time
Travelling Textile Art Exhibition
Curator: Brenda Gael Smith
March 2016 to October 2017
Textile artists are invited to submit an entry for a travelling textile art exhibition exploring the title theme –a matter of time. Each work will be in a 100x40cm (LxW) format and up to 32 works may be selected by the curator Brenda Gael Smith.
International entries are welcome!
The exhibition will premiere in March 2016 and tour in 2016/2017. The following anchor venues have been confirmed:
◾Stitches & Craft Show, Sydney: 3-6 March 2016
◾Stitches & Craft Show, Brisbane: 17-20 March 2016
◾Australasian Quilt Convention, Melbourne: 14-17 April 2016
- Entry is open to all textile artists. International entries are welcome. Non-Australian artists must provide completed paperwork and payment (if any) to satisfy customs requirements.
- Artworks must address the title theme – a matter of time.
- Entries may be any kind of stitched textile or fibre art but each work must be sturdy enough to travel without special requirements. Works that have significant 3 dimensional features, require special hanging apparatus, or are delicate or require special handling will not be selected.
- Entries must measure 100x40cm finished (LxW, vertical banner format). A 1cm variation in any direction is permitted.
- Entries must include both a hanging sleeve and velcro strips in accordance with the curator’s directions.
- Only one textile work will be selected per entrant, although artists may enter more than one work.
- The work must be an original design in which no other person holds copyright. All work must be the result of independent effort and must not be the product of an instructional setting in which another artist has provided guidance or assistance.
- Artwork that differs from the submitted images will not be accepted.
◾Artists whose work is selected must pay a A$50 administration fee to assist with travel and administration expenses. This fee is payable by no later than 15 February 2016.
◾Selected artists will also be responsible for the cost of shipping the work to and from the curator. Artists may provide a pre-paid shipping label or send the required amount via PayPal. (The curator may return the work with different packaging at the curator’s discretion.)
◾Insurance cover, if desired, is the responsibility of the artist.
◾The artist warrants that the textile work is their own original design and indemnifies the curator against any claim for breach of copyright.
Conditions of Entry: http://www.amatteroftimetextiles.com/conditions/
Entry Form: http://www.amatteroftimetextiles.com/entry-form/
Visit website: http://amatteroftimetextiles.com
For more information contact: email@example.com