Schweinfurth Art Center
Auburn, New York
October 31, 2015 - January 3, 2016
Quilts=Art=Quilts in an international juried quilt exhibition at the Schweinfurth Art Center in Auburn, New York. The Art Center has been a longstanding proponent of quilts as a visual arts medium and has been presenting quilts in a gallery setting since 1981.
Jurors select quilts based on overall quality of design, visual impact and originality.
Mary Anne Jordan, Professor in the Textile Program in the Department of Visual Art, School of the Arts, at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas.
Katie Pasquini Masopust, Artist, producer of contemporary art quilts for almost 30 years.
Definitions & Conditions of Entry: (truncated)
- A quilt is a fabric sandwich comprised of at least two layers: a top, a back and usually a filling. These are held together with quilting or tying threads. Integration of non-fabric items is acceptable.
- Up to two entries of original work per person are permitted.
- Quilts must measure a minimum of 900 square inches total (height x width=square inches). The vertical dimensions of any single piece may not exceed 108 inches.
- Quilts must have been completed in 2013, 2014, or 2015.
- Quilts must be in pristine condition and be show ready.
- Quilts with pre-programmed computerized machine quilting are not eligible.
- Quilts made or derived from kits, workshops, classes or commercial patterns are not eligible.
- Quilts must have a continuous 3” wide sleeve attached to the back of the top of the quilt. Exceptions are made if appropriate means of hanging or display is provided.
- The Art Center will retain a 25% commission on all sales made during the exhibition. An insurance value and a sale price, which includes commission (unless the quilt is not for sale), must be included in the application.
An emphasis is placed on overall quality of design, originality and visual impact. Preliminary acceptance will be granted on the basis of the digital image submission. Prizes will be awarded for excellence in design and workmanship in multiple categories, including $1,000 for Best in Show. Prizes are determined after the exhibit is installed.
FEES: $30 for members; $35 non-members
Full details including online application available at: http://www.qaqentry.org/
SCHWEINFURTH ART CENTER
205 Genesee Street
Auburn, NY 13021