Atlantic Public Art Funders Creative Residency
The New Brunswick Arts Board (artsnb)
The New Brunswick Arts Board (artsnb), Arts Nova Scotia, the Prince Edward Island Council of the Arts, and the Newfoundland and Labrador Arts Council are partnering on an artist residency program. Artists from New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI or Newfoundland and Labrador can apply for up to $10,000 to cover a one-to-three month residency for a creation-based or professional development project in the province that isn’t their own.
Among the program’s aims are the following:
- encourage artists to develop their skills by giving them access to a stimulating new cultural environment;
- promote the exchange of artistic views and contribute to the establishment of lasting ties between artists in the Atlantic Provinces and New Brunswick;
- strengthen ties between creators and communities;
- identify new artistic creation, production and presentation networks.
- The program is for professional artists in the following disciplines: visual arts, arts and crafts, architecture, media arts, multidisciplinary arts, literature and storytelling, music, theatre and dance.
- Applicants must submit at the time of registration a letter of intent from the host organization in which the latter undertakes to offer professional support during the period of residence and that specifies the nature of the collaboration that the organization intends to establish in conjunction with the project.
- Candidates must be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants and must have lived in New Brunswick for at least the last 12 months.
- They must be eligible for the grant programs of artsnb, which means that they must have been in professional practice for at least two years and have presented works of art in a recognized professional setting.
PROJECT AND DURATION:
Interested candidates must submit to artsnb a residency proposal that includes a stay outside the province of one to three months. Candidates are responsible for finding their own accommodation and making any professional contacts required for their projects.
The grant provided by artsnb under this program is $3,000 per month. It is intended to cover the following expenses: the artist's personal insurance, travel, accommodation and living expenses and the costs of purchasing, transporting and insuring the materials required to carry out the project. Applicants may also request up to an additional $1,000 to cover their travel expenses to and from their place of residency.
APAF Creative Residency – Program Description
APAF Creative Residency – Application Form
Visit website for complete details: artsnb.ca
649 Queen St., 2nd Floor
Fredericton, NB, E3B 1C3