The Threadneedle Prize Open Exhibition 2014
Figurative Art Today
Federation of British Artists
Figurative art is more than ever at the forefront of contemporary art practice and is always a subject of debate. The Threadneedle Prize deliberately sets out to examine Figurative Art Today, producing a comprehensive current survey.
The Threadneedle Prize winner will receive a cash prize of £20,000 plus his or her own one-week exhibition at Mall Galleries in 2015 (value £10,000). Each of the five other shortlisted artists will receive £1,000; every work selected for the exhibition is eligible to win the Visitors’ Choice Award, a further prize of £10,000 voted by visitors to the exhibition.
WHO CAN SUBMIT
Artists of any nationality, aged 18 or over on 1 January 2014, presently living or working in the UK or Europe (except employees of the Federation of British Artists and Threadneedle, and their agents). Previous prizewinners may also submit up to five works, but they are not eligible to win the same prize for a period of three years.
WHAT TO SUBMIT (truncated)
- You can submit paintings, drawings, original prints, sculpture, mixed media constructions, small scale installations and reliefs. Artists are encouraged to submit fresh and intriguing works that are strong and topical observations or interpretations on the world around us. We only accept photography and video entries where they form part of a mixed media installation.
- You may enter a maximum of FIVE works. These must have been completed after 1 January 2013; however they must not have been exhibited in any other prize or competition in the UK or elsewhere.
- Cost to enter is £12 per work (including VAT), which is non-refundable. Artist members of the FBA and full-time students pay a reduced entry fee of £10 per work.
- All works must be for sale. The Threadneedle Prize is not just a major showcase for exciting new figurative art, it is also a significant opportunity for collectors and dealers to discover and purchase your work.
- You may submit work to The Threadneedle Prize if you are resident in Europe and are not normally resident in the UK. However, you must have a UK VAT registration number or intend to secure a UK VAT registration number before your work(s) can be sold at The Threadneedle Prize exhibition.
- The price of works should include an allowance for the Mall Galleries’ commission of 45% (plus VAT). If you are registered for VAT, then the VAT due on the selling price of the work should be included in the price.
- Size restrictions: Works cannot be larger than 2.4 metres along the longest dimension.
Full details available on website: www.threadneedleprize.com/Artist_info