May 1, 2014
July 25, 2014
November 1, 2014
Call for Submissions
Needle Arts Magazine
The Embroiderers’ Guild of America, Inc.
Needle Arts is the official magazine of The Embroiderers’ Guild of America. Needle Arts is published four times a year for EGA members and contains designer profiles, projects, articles, and a calendar of events.
EGA is a national, not-for-profit organization dedicated to the study and preservation of the art of embroidery.
General Guidelines (truncated)
- Electronic submissions via e-mail are preferred. Submit an electronic copy of the text as a plain text file, preferably in Microsoft Word. If e-mail is unavailable and a CD cannot be provided, a type-written, double-spaced copy. As a general guide, one typed, double-spaced page equals 250–300 words. Submissions may be sent via e-mail to the editor at EdNA@egausa.org.
- Submissions will be edited to fit space limitations; for grammatical correctness, clarity, and appropriateness of content; and to meet editorial standards.
Needle Arts reserves the right to edit all manuscript.
- Include a brief biographic note to serve as a contributor’s notes.
- High resolution photography. Submit digital photographs taken at 300dpi in jpg, tiff, or eps format. Digital cameras should be set to the largest pixel image size. Slides and printed photography may be submitted.
- Needlework that is to be published in the magazine should have the finest finishing possible.
- Drawings, stitch diagrams, and charts shall be clear and accurate. Rendering in electronic format is preferred.
Needle Arts deadline dates for submission to the editor are:
February 1 for the June issue;
May 1 for the September issue;
July 25 for the December issue; and
November 1 for the March issue.
Needle Arts publishes:
- Feature articles
- Ethnic Embroidery
- Designers Across America/Designers Across the World
- Needlework Know-How
Download Submission Guidelines: www.egausa.org/needlearts_submission_guidelines.pdf
Visit website for more details: www.egausa.org/needlearts-magazine
Send submissions to: Dr. Cheryl Christian
7912 Elkhorn Mountain Trail
Austin, TX 78729-6407