Juried Quilt Challenge
Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum
July 28, 2014 to October 25, 2014
EVOLUTIONS 2014 is an open challenge to all quilters and fiber artists in celebration of yesterday’s traditions as well as tomorrow’s innovations. "Evolution" is defined as a process of change. Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum challenges you to create your concept of an evolution quilt. There are no design restrictions. Selected quilts will be exhibited at RMQM July 28 through October 25, 2014. Ribbons will be awarded for first, second, and third place; the first place winner will be awarded a solo exhibit at RMQM in 2015.
Juror: Dr. Sandra Sider, a New York quilt artist and independent curator, has published articles and reviews concerning fiber art and other aspects of visual culture for three decades.
- Challenge is open to all quilt artists; international entries are welcome. All entries must have been completed after January 1, 2012.
- Entry must consist of at least 2 layers and held together by some form of stitching, whether by hand or machine.
- Entry, which includes 2- & 3-dimensional work, must be a minimum of 18" any one side / maximum of 60" any one side. All work not to exceed 10 pounds.
- Entry must have a 4" finished sleeve attached to the full width of the top edge of the quilt, or an alternative installation method must be provided by entrant.
- All entries must be clean, free of pet hair, smoke and odor. RMQM reserves the right to disqualify any entry that does not meet show criteria, exhibits poor quality construction, or has been misrepresented by the digital images.
- Entry must be available for the duration of the exhibition.
For more information, contact Irene Berry, email@example.com