2013 Woollahra Small Sculpture Prize
Woollahra Council Chambers
Double Bay, Australia
26 October – 10 November 2013
The first national award for an original, freestanding sculpture of up to 80cm in any dimension. Now in its 13th year, the Woollahra Small Sculpture Prize is hosted by Woollahra Council to support, promote and celebrate artistic excellence.
- For the purpose of The Woollahra Small Sculpture Prize, sculpture is defined as a freestanding, non-site specific, three-dimensional object, constructed of durable materials. Only freestanding works will be accepted for selection.
- Entries should not exceed 80cm in any dimension, and must have a stable base. The overall weight and dimensions must allow for easy transportation, and not exceed the carrying capacity of two average persons.
- All entries must be the original work of the submitting artist and must have been designed or completed within two years prior to October 2013.
- There is no limit to the number of entries an artist can submit. A separate application form and entry fee must accompany each entry. Only one work per artist will be shown in the exhibition.
- A non-refundable entry fee of $40 (including GST) must accompany each entered work. Entry fees contribute towards the cost of staging the Prize. Woollahra Council reserves the right to cancel or postpone the Prize and exhibition, in which case the entry fees will be refunded.
Prizes for the 2013 award total $13,000 and include:
•The Woollahra Small Sculpture Prize, an acquisitive award of $10,000
•The Special Commendation, a non-acquisitive award of $2,000
•The Viewers' Choice, a non-acquisitive award of $1,000
Nick Mitzevich. Director of the Art Gallery of South Australia
Professor Ian Howard, College of Fine Arts, University of New South Wales
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) regarding the 2013 Prize can be found here: http://sculptureprize.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/2013_prize/faq
Download Prospectus: http://sculptureprize.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/116813/SSP-entry_form_2013_WEB.pdf
Submit Entry Online: https://woollahra.wufoo.com/forms/r7x2z1/
Inquiries may be directed to:
Woollahra Small Sculpture Prize
Phone: +61 2 9391 7135