Studio Art Quilt Associates
International Quilt Festival
George R Brown Center
October 31-November 4, 2013
International Quilt Festival Cincinnati
Duke Energy Convention Center
April 4-6, 2014
International Quilt Festival Long Beach
Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center
Long Beach, CA
Text messages have fast become one of the most popular methods of communication in our country today. In this exhibit, you have free rein to explore the many facets of what ‘text messages’ means to you—from the obvious connection to modern technology, to works comprised solely of actual or implied writing. The unifying theme will be text on quilts, in any language, and each quilt must contain at least one visible letter or word.
If you are not a member you can join and pay after you complete your online entry to Text Messages.
Eligibility and Guidelines (truncated)
- SAQA members may submit up to 3 entries
- Just like a text message, the width is defined, but the length is up to you. Quilts submitted for Text Messages must be 24 inches in width. Length must be a minimum of 24 inches up to a maximum of 60 inches.
- Work submitted must have been completed after July 1, 2010
- 3-D, freestanding work will not be considered due to shipping restrictions
- Work will be judged on originality, design, technique, and craftsmanship Artwork MAY be for sale. SAQA will charge a 25% commission on all sales; exhibiting venues may also charge a commission, but total commission will never exceed 50%.
Juror: Lesley Riley
Managing Curator: Georgianne Kandler, Gi2@gi2.net
Notification of acceptance: March 20, 2013
Registration will open at midnight CDT on February 1, 2013. The last day to register is February 28, 2013 until midnight CDT.
View Online Prospectus: http://saqacallforentries3.com/
Preview registration forms: http://saqacallforentries3.com/register/preview
SAQA Membership Information: https://www.saqa.com/registration-new.php