SEMINAR 2012 Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
American Needlepoint Guild, Inc.
August 24-31, 2012
Exhibit Rules (truncated)
- Entry in the Exhibit is restricted to members of ANG in good standing, youth entries, and invited entries. All entries must conform to the ANG definition of needlepoint: “counted or free stitchery worked by hand with a threaded needle on a readily countable ground.”
- Works entered in previous ANG Seminar Exhibits are not eligible for entry, except for pieces that were previously entered in non-judged categories.
- An Artist’s Statement must be included with an entry in the Original and Adaptation categories. Do not include your name on the statement, only the name of the entry. The statement must be typed and double-spaced.
- No entry shall exceed 132 inches circumference, including the frame, or weigh more than 10 pounds.
For judging purposes, ANG distinguishes between the nonprofessional and the professional as follows:
Non-Professional: Anyone who, at the time of entry submission and previously, engages in needlework as a pastime and for pleasure rather than for financial gain. Teaching, presenting programs/lectures for guilds or without compensation, or community service will not change the status of a non-professional.
Professional: Anyone who, at the time of entry submission and previously, engages in needlework as a teacher, judge, artist/designer, lecturer, author, or stitches for commissioned work and who receives earned remuneration.
The ANG Exhibit judged categories:
3. INDEPENDENT PROJECT
4. PAINTED DESIGN without STITCH GUIDE
5. PAINTED DESIGN with STITCH GUIDE
6. CLASS PROJECT
The ANG Exhibit non-judged categories:
Fees: First entry $ 25; Additional Entry $10
Entry forms: http://needlepoint.org/Seminar-12/Exhibit-Entry-Form.pdf
Exhibit Entry Part II: http://needlepoint.org/Seminar-12/Exhibit-Categories.pdf
Visit website for more details: http://needlepoint.org/Seminar-12/exhibit_info.php#Exhibit_Rules