Contemporary Lace Contest 2012
Catalonian Lace Guild-ACP (Associació Catalana de Puntaires)
December 12, 2012 to January 15, 2013
The Catalonian Lace Guild (ACP) organizes the Contemporary Lace Contest 2012. In this occasion, lace in fashion under the theme “THE HEADRESS” is our proposal. This is a new challenge for lacemakers, both technical and design, with the possibility of using different materials and volumes. The author will have to present his/her work between 12th. December 2012 and 15th. January 2013. At that time, The Catalonian Lace Guild will be immersed in the events of the XXV anniversary of its foundation.
CONTEST RULES (truncated)
- Lace can be made by individual or as collective work.
- All participants must be members of The Catalonian Lace Guild-ACP (Associació Catalana de Puntaires) and they have to keep the fees up to date.
- All participants have to fill the entry form and it has to be submitted before 1st May 2012.
- The minimum size of the lace: 30 to 35 cm
- The piece may be worked in any technique, bobbin lace, needle lace, macramé, tatting or mixed lace.
- Original designs entries must have never been previously published in any publication or on the internet, in the whole or any of its parts.
- Materials: To be determined by the lacemakers.
*First award: 1.200€
*Second award: 800€
Third awards: 500€
All participants will receive a participation certificate.
(*) The entries awarded with first and second position will become part of the Catalonian Lace Guild. The designer will retain the copyright.
The Jury will consist of the following members:
Two members of the Catalonian Lace Guild Executive Board
Two qualified people from the world of Lace
A member of Catalonian Arts and Craft Institution
1 qualified person from the textile area
1 qualified person from the design area
Visit website for more details: http://www.puntaires.com/en/concurs.html
Download Contest Rules: http://www.puntaires.com/mm/file/RULES%20HEADRESS_INSCR.pdf
The Catalonian Lace Guild (ACP)
Tel: 934 125 078
Fax: 933 170 619