Textile Award 2011
4 June - 17 July 2011
Wangaratta exhibitions Gallery holds a biennial Award for Contemporary Textile Art. Professional artists working in any style of textile media are invited to make an entry for consideration within a competitive assessment process.
A judging panel consisting of the Wangaratta exhibitions Gallery Director and two respected professionals will select a shortlist of finalists for the Award exhibition at the Gallery 4 June – 17 July 2011. The value of the Award in 2011 is $5,000 including GST and this includes the acquisition of the work.
Entry Fee: $22 inc. GST. per artwork (max 3 entries $66)
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY (truncated)
- Entry is open to all Australian *
and International* professional practising artists working in textile media.
- Artists may submit a maximum of 3 existing works. All works submitted must be available for the exhibition and have been executed since 1 July 2009.
- Maximum size is 200cm in any direction (including the full width of multi-panel works and framing).
For artworks requiring difficult or unusual installation methods, the artist is advised to discuss requirements with Gallery staff prior to entering the Award.
- Artists should submit 2 images for each work – one image of the whole work and one detail - on CD-ROM. Email entries will not be accepted.
- All work must be for sale. A commission of 20% will be retained by the Wangaratta exhibitions Gallery.
- The winning artwork will be selected from the Award exhibition. The prize is acquisitive and the single winning work will become part of the Wangaratta exhibitions Gallery Collection, owned by the Rural City of Wangaratta.
Visit http://www.wangaratta.vic.gov.au/ for more details.
Downloads for the biennial Wangaratta Contemporary Textile Award: Entry Form .
Conditions of Entry in larger print
All queries to:
WANGARATTA exhibitions GALLERY
56 Ovens Street (PO Box 238), Wangaratta VIC 3677
T: 03 5722 0865 F: 03 5722 2969
* Unfortunately, due to customs issues, international entries are no longer welcome. [via message from Sally Huguenin]
Wangaratta exhibitions Gallery presents a relevant, diverse and changing visual arts program, consisting of national, state and regional exhibitions; including local artists, touring exhibitions and joint ventures with the public galleries sector in Victoria. Each exhibition runs for approximately one month, with over 10 different exhibitions held throughout the year.