“A Garden of Quilts – 2010”
GARDEN PATCH QUILTERS
WheatonArts and Cultural Center
Millville, New Jersey
MARCH 20 & 21, 2010
Quilted Pieces may be entered either as "Display Only" or to be judged by a NQA accredited judge. Anyone may enter a quilt either to be judged or for display only. All sizes and techniques are welcome. The number of judged quilts will be limited to 175.
Children up to 16 years of age are encouraged to enter quilts in the Junior Division. This popular exhibit showcases the creativity and clever workmanship of a talented future generation of quilters.
RULES OF ENTRY: (truncated)
- Quilts previously exhibited at a Garden Patch Show are not eligible.
- Each person can only enter 1 (one) large quilt, and up to 2 (two) items per other categories. Not to exceed a total of 5 entries.
- Quilts must be completed, clean, undamaged, and odor free. Large quilts and large wall hangings must have a finished 4 (four) inch sleeve sewn to the top of the back of the quilt (No Pins).
- All items will be judged unless entered as display only. Ribbons will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places and honorable mention in each category if warranted. Categories with 18 (eighteen) or more entries will be divided into techniques and ribbons will be awarded for each technique within the category. Special awards include Best of Show, Judge=s Choice and Viewer=s Choice.
- No tied quilts (with the exception o f crazy quilts) or cheater cloth quilts will be accepted.
- Registration fee is $8.00 per item entered in the show. There is no fee for junior division
Why do we have our quilt show judged?
• It allows recognition for quality work
• It sets standards and goals for all to strive for
• It provides quilters with an evaluation of their work
Quilts, quilted items and garments are judged on visual impact, color, design, quilting, workmanship and finishing of the piece.
This year’s show entries are being judged by Judith Gunter, NQA certified judge, teacher, lecturer and award wining quilter. She has taught and lectured regionally at the Williamsburg Quilt Festival, the World Quilt and Textile Festival, the Quilter’s Hall of Fame, Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza, and Quilt Odyssey.
Website contains complete details: www.wheatonarts.org
Rules of Entry
Call 856-692-2972 if you have questions about registering a quilt.