4th RIGA International Textile and Fibre Art Triennial
Tradition & Innovation
Museum of Decorative Arts and Design
Exhibition Hall Arsenāls
June 10 – August 1, 2010
Theme: GLOBAL INTRIGUE 2
THEME AND CONCEPT
Theme: GLOBAL INTRIGUE 2 develops and extends the theme of the previous Triennial based on different aspects of gobalization in connection with new problems and challenges in our contemporary world.
- How do artists manifest themselves in the period of the global crisis? Can we feel it in art or not? How does it affect artistic expression and creativity?
- How do textile artists update their time in space/surroundings, materials and contemporary technologies?
- How do innovations work in cross-cultural contacts?
An international jury will select works for the exhibition. The five members of the jury (2 of them Latvian) are invited by the Organizing Committee to judge and select the works to be presented. The decision of the jury is final and not disputed.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION (truncated)
- The Triennial is open for professional textile artists as well as artists of other disciplins, working in textile design and fibre art.
- There is no limitation of techniques or materials. The priority will be given to the innovative approach of the theme.
- Participation of each artist is limited to one piece of work only. The artist should submit one recent work (2008-2010); not previously displayed in large international shows.
- The maximum dimension of the piece of work is 3mx3mx3m; works should be without frames. Exhibition space in the Exhibition Hall Arsenāls is suitable for mural works as well as fibre art objects and installations.
- The work will be judged from CD’s (300 dpi, jpg format).
- Late entries will not be considered.
Visit for complete details: www.dlmm.lv
Download the prospectus and entry form: 2010 Regulations [doc] [English]
4th Riga International Textile and
Fibre Art Triennial Tradition & Innovation,
Museum of Decorative Arts and Design,
10/20, Skarnu St., Riga, Latvia, LV-1050
ph. (+371) 67222235; (+371) 67830901 fax: (+371) 67830916,
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org ; website: www.dlmm.lv