Deadline: December 18, 2009 at 5:00 PM (RECEIVE)
2010 Wearable Art Exhibition
In and Around the City of Port Moody and
Port Moody Arts Centre
Port Moody, British Columbia
January 21, 2010 - March 21, 2010
The 2010 Wearable Art Exhibition will be a two month long display coinciding with the 2010 Vancouver/Whistler Winter Olympic Games in British Columbia. With no performance component for this year, the 2010 jury will be basing decisions on craftsmanship, concept, and design. Finer details will be of greater importance in 2010. However, we still do require that entries are wearable.
As always, we are looking for more than a “pretty dress.” We are asking you to go deep into your imagination to create a wearable piece of art that challenges what most consider to be everyday fashion.
- All entries must be wearable (but do not need to be practical in any way—in fact, the wilder the better!).
- All accepted entries will be included in a static two month exhibition in and around the City of Port Moody during the 2010 Vancouver/Whistler Olympic Games in British Columbia. There will not be a performance in 2010.
- The 2010 exhibition will also feature retrospective entries from previous wearable art awards. We invite artists to contribute past entries for display free of charge.
- Prize money will be allocated to each of the three categories and the People’s Choice Award.
- Only new entries will be eligible for category prize money. All submissions (new and retrospective) are eligible for the People’s Choice Award.
- Our team is available to answer questions and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org More detailed information and related resources can be found on our web site at www.wearableartawards.com/artists.
Entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
- All entries must be wearable (but not necessarily practical);
- Creativity and originality (not street wear);
- Design and the use of multiple techniques;
- Presentation and skill with media;
- Concept/Message; and
- Innovative materials or innovative use of traditional materials (thinking outside of the box).
The categories for the 2010 Wearable Art Exhibition are:
- Canadian Spirit
Category details can be found on our web site at www.wearableartawards.com/artists.
The special awards for the 2010 Wearable Art Awards are:
$2,000 in prize money will be awarded to category winners and People’s Choice award winner. Amount and number of prizes within categories will be dependent on the number of entries received and subject to the jury’s discretion. Maximum amount of a single prize to be awarded will be $500.
To participate in the 2010 Wearable Art Exhibition, the artist’s application package must be received by the Port Moody Arts Centre no later than 5 pm on December 18, 2009. This application package contains:
- Completed entry form;
- Entry fees ($15 per entry); and
- CD containing completed art work information sheets in PDF format and images of each entry.
An initial panel of jurors will review the application packages received and select those entries that will be part of the Wearable Art Exhibition.
Further details—including a must-read FAQ document and copies of the various forms—are located on our web site at www.wearableartawards.com/artists.