Materials contained conflicting information so contact sponsors to clarify if deadline is postmark or receive.
Celebrate The Seasons
A quilt show sponsored by North Pittsburgh Quilters Guild
Ross Township Community Center
March 19, 20, 21, 2010
GENERAL RULES AND INFORMATION (truncated)
- Limit of (3) quilts per entrant. All entries will be juried and judged unless specified otherwise. All entries must have been completed since March 2005. Items entered in previous NPQG shows will not be allowed.
- Each entry must be entered in ONE category only (except any quilt that is eligible for the theme category).
- All entries must be quilted. A quilted entry consists of three layers, primarily fabric, held together by stitching. Do not submit cheater panel quilts, tied quilts or entries constructed in two layer techniques (such as Cathedral Window).
- Bed Quilt - Predominately Pieced, following a traditional design. Size over 250” perimeter.
- Bed Quilt - Predominately Appliqued Size over 250” perimete.r
- Bed Quilt - Combined effort – the product of 2 or more persons. Includes all techniques, as well as quilting by a person other than the maker of the quilt top. Size over 250” perimeter.
- Wall Quilt - Pieced. Size up to 250” perimeter. Quilts that are intended for use on a wall that follow a traditional design, including miniatures.
- Wall Quilt - Appliqued. Size up to 250” perimeter. Quilts that are intended for use on a wall that incorporate traditional design or technique, including miniatures.
- Wall Quilt - Combined effort – the product of 2 or more persons, any technique, as well as quilting by a person other than the maker of the quilt top. Size up to 250” perimeter.
- Innovative - Any size. The quilt is non-traditional in construction or design, such as use of painting, photo transfer, significant amounts of embellishments, or unusual materials.
- Wearable Art – Any wearable item that is quilted all or in part.
- Creative Youth – Any quilt made by a youth 15 years of age or younger. Awards will be made within this category.
- Professional – A quilter who falls into any of the following categories: has been published and/or featured in a national quilt publication; has designed and sold patterns; relies on teaching and/or selling quilts as a major source of income; is a quilt shop owner.
Fee: $10.00 entry fee per quilt
Download the Entry Form and Show Rules: www.npqg.org/2010QuiltEntryForm [pdf]
Visit website for full details: www.npqg.org
North Pittsburgh Quilters Guild
P.O. Box 101747
Pittsburgh, PA 15237