Fiber Art International 2010
Fiberarts Guild Of Pittsburgh
April 16, 2010 - August 22, 2010
Fiberart International 2010 seeks to exhibit the best of contemporary art and invites submissions that reflect a wide range of works related to the fiber medium. This juried exhibition of contemporary works of fiber art is recognized among fiber artists around the world as a benchmark exhibition that documents trends and innovations in the field. The goal of the exhibition is to include innovative work rooted in traditional fiber materials, structure, processes and history, as well as art that explores unexpected relationships between fiber and other creative disciplines.
General Rules (truncated)
- Entries must be original work completed after December 31, 2007.
- Artists must be 18 years of age or older.
- Collaborative works will be considered as a single entry. Artists submitting both collaborative and individual works must apply separately.
- Work must not exceed 8’6” (2.60m) in any single dimension.
- Installation pieces must state "total installation size" on entry form.
- Work must be original in concept and design and not be the result of a class or workshop. Student work is accepted if it meets the previous statement.
- All work MUST be available for touring for up to two (2) years beginning August 22, 2010. (Visit our website for more information on touring.)
- All work must be either fiber in content or executed in a fiber technique.
- Two (2) IMAGES for each work submitted (up to THREE (3) entries)
Work will be judged from digital images.
Selection will be based on the overall quality of the work and its relevancy to the standards stated in Requirements.
How To Enter (truncated)
You must complete three steps in order to enter your artwork in Fiberart International 2010 before the deadline of August 21, 2009. You can apply online or by mail.
To apply online
Create an account on the Website.
You must login to submit your digital image.
Pay the $35 entry fee.
To apply by mail
Print out the prospectus and send the submission form to our mailing address.
Read the digital image rules and then mail us your digital images on CD or submit slides.
Pay the $35 entry fee. If you are sending slides, add an extra $5 slide scanning fee per piece of artwork -- $15 maximum.
Visit website for complete information: fiberartinternational.org
Download: Fiber Art International Prospectus
P.O. BOX 5478
Pittsburgh, PA 15206-0478