Yesterday -- Today -- Tomorrow
20th anniversary of patCHquilt 2009
June 4 - 7, 2009
International juried competition to celebrate the anniversary of the Swiss Patchwork and Quilters Guild (patCHquilt).
The short history of patCHquilt shows how fast things change. Our personal lives, our working lives change constantly, often for the better, sometimes for the worse. What has changed in your own guilds in the last few years? What does the future have in store for you? Let your thoughts wander and be creative. We are looking forward to many applications. You do not need to be a member of patCHquilt to participate.
Guidelines (truncated..view prospectus for complete details):
- There is only one category. We welcome traditional, contemporary and innnovative works.
- The competition is open to anyone interested. You do not have to be a member of patCHquilt.
- The quilt has to be made especially for this competition and has never been shown in any other exhibitions, book, magazine or the web. Kits and quilts made in a workshop will not be accepted, and will be disqualified.
- All kinds of materials can be used but have to be of flexible nature. The piece of art has to ahve at least 2 layers. Embellishments such as pearls may be used. Please avoid sharpe edges.
- Every participant may enter two quilts, but each piece of work has to reflect the prescribed theme.
The winner of Yesterday-Today-Tomorrow will be awarded with the following cash prizes:
1st Price: CHF 2’500
2nd Price: CHF 1’500
3rd Price: CHF 1’000
Download conditions of participation and entry form: http://www.patchquilt.ch/pdfs/2009_e.pdf
Visit the website for additional details: http://www.patchquilt.ch/e_events.htm