Fabulous Fiber - A Juried Exhibition
August 15-September 21, 2008
This exhibition will explore both traditional and contemporary works in fiber.
- The exhibition is open to any artist 18 years and older.
- All submissions must be original in content, concept, and design and executed in a fiber arts technique or process.
- You must be the designer, creator and producer of your work.
- All submissions must have been completed within the last five years and be available for the complete run of the exhibition.
Artists may submit a maximum of FOUR works on a CD for consideration.
• Submission of work by Monmouth Museum members is free.
• Non-members must pay a non-refundable $20 fee to submit CD’s for consideration.
Joanie San Chirico is a full-time studio artist and has exhibited extensively throughout the country. San Chirico is also an independent curator.
GeraldineVelasquez is an artist, educator, author, researcher and photographer. She is currently a Professor of Art and Design and former Chair of the Art Department at Georgian Court University in Lakewood, NJ. She is also an expert in contemporary American crafts and teaches surface design.
The Monmouth Museum provides a printed invitation, e-mail and press release announcements to media and members, and an exhibition opening reception.
The Monmouth Museum encourages sale of exhibited art work.The Museum will collect the purchase price for all work, take a 20% sales commission and issue a check for the remainder to the artist at the close of the exhibition.
Download the prospectus: Fiberprospect.pdf
765 Newman Springs Road
On the Brookdale Community
College Campus, Parking Lot #1
Lincroft, NJ 07738