Crochet Guild of America (CGOA) Design Contest
July 23 - 27, 2008
CGOA announces the call for entries to what we hope will grow and become an annual CGOA Design Contest!
Rules are simple, and this inaugural year, we are not asking for written instructions. Judging will take place at our annual conference in Manchester, NH, July 23 - 27, 2008. Items will be displayed in CGOA’s booth on the Show floor. Winners will be announced and prizes awarded on Thursday night, July 24, 2008 during the Key Note address. Deadline for entries is June 15, 2008.
CGOA DESIGN CONTEST 2008 - Rules and General Entry Information
Entries will be divided into four categories
- Women’s Fashion Garments
- Home Decor
afghans/throws, rugs, doilies, kitchen/dining accessories, Bachelor Pad designs
- Baby - all baby related items, including afghans.
Think sets: sweater/cap/booties, cap/bootie/mitten sets
to include scarf/hat sets, jewelry, handbags
Contest is open to CGOA members only. To become a member join online at http://www.crochet.org/ or call 740-452-4541.
- Designs in thread crochet and freeform are encouraged.
Designs can be made in any current yarn by any manufacturer.
- Women’s fashions can be made in any size, but since most models are size small, you might want to consider making that size.
- Baby items to be made in 6- 12 month size.
- All entries must be original designs. Taking patterns or designs from any other source will disqualify your entry.
You may get inspiration from any source, but plagiarizing another person’s work will result in your entry being disqualified and ineligible for any cash prize. For example, merely changing the color or a few rows of stitches in another person’s design is not acceptable - your work must be significantly different from any published work.
- All designs will be judged equally on their design appeal, use of stitches, color, and selection of materials. We will also look at the quality of workmanship, finishing, appearance, and cleanliness. Soiled items and items which are not SMOKE FREE may be returned to the entrant at the discretion of the judge and will not be judged.
One First Place ($300.00)
One Second Place ($200.00)
One Third Place ($100.00)
Winning entry will be chosen from each category. Additionally, there will be a Grand Prize ($1,000.00) awarded to the best design (from all categories).
Those attending the Knit and Crochet Show will have the opportunity to choose an additional prize winner of $100.00 for the People’s Choice Award.
Entry forms and completed items must be received in our office no later than June 15, 2008.
To access the Design Contest entry form, CGOA members must access the · Member’s Only area of this Web site, then go to the Member Benefits option. The form will be the first choice on the Member Benefits menu. Please tag your finished design with your name, address, and phone number.
Send contest entry forms and completed design and instructions to:
CGOA Design Contest
6121 Charlotte Hwy.
York, SC 29745
Email questions to: DesignContest@crochet.org
Design Contest Description pdf version