Make Your Mark in Fashion
Make Your Mark in Fashion will support and encourage a sustainable approach to fashion.
- The Make Your Mark in Fashion website will feature profiles of several sustainable fashion businesses. Using this information and your own research you will need to choose one business you would like to work with. Once you have made your choice, come up with a proposal for a sustainable fashion range that you feel will complement and enhance the existing business. Research and innovation are the order of the day; show us that you've looked at all elements of the business from design through to manufacture and retail.
- Demonstrate that you have taken into account some elements of social or environmental sustainability through your business plan and designs.
- Stage one will require sketches of your designs and an application that includes a simple but effective business plan (we will provide you with downloadable guidelines and an example proposal).
- Each of the partnering fashion businesses will choose one team to be short-listed for the next stage of the competition
- As a short-listed team, your work will be profiled at a major fashion event. At the event you will be asked to give a presentation to a panel, which will include a represenatative from your chosen business. After seeing all the presentations the panel will choose three teams to go through to the final stage of the competition.
- The winning teams will work in conjunction with their business of choice, to create samples from their range, to be showcased on the catwalk at OnlOff www.thedoll.org/onoff/ in London Fashion Week September 2008
Who can enter?Although the competition won't open until October 2007, you might want to start thinking about who will be on your team . Here's our criteria for teams that want to enter the competition:
- all team members need to be aged 14–30
- all team members must reside in the UK
- each team needs to consist of 3 – 6 people
- no team member can be a partner in a V.A.T registered fashion business
What next?Stay up to date with the competition and be the first to find out when it launches in October 2007 by registering your name and email address with us. You can also join the Make Your Mark in Fashion facebook group to find other people interested in sustainable fashion.
If you can't wait to get started, here are some ideas that might give you a head start:
- Spread the word about the competition amogst your friends.
- Think about who you'd like to join forces with on your team.
- Do some research into ethical fashion - why not start by having a look at our Sustainable fashion section and checking out the articles on our In the media page.
- Generate some ideas for names for your team and your ethical fashion range.