October 10, 2007 at 7 pm
February 27, 2008 at 7 pm
Wednesday, April 9, 2008 at 7 pm
The DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities Small Projects Program (SPP) offers quick response grants up to $1,000 to individual artists and arts organizations. The program seeks to make grant funds more accessible for small-scale arts projects. Projects may include but are not limited to:
- Art presentations
- Assistance in fundraising, marketing and management
- Documentation of artistic activities through photography, brochures, portfolios and demo tapes
- Conferences, workshops or seminars that will enhance artistic and professional development
Funding for this program is offered three times during the fiscal year. Upcoming deadlines for FY 2007 and FY 2008 Small Projects Program applications are:
- (FY 2007) Wednesday, May 23, 2007 at 7 pm
- (FY 2008) Wednesday, October 10, 2007 at 7 pm
- (FY 2008) Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 7 pm
- (FY 2008) Wednesday, April 9, 2008 at 7 pm
Workshops to help artists and organizations fill out applications will be held on the following dates:
- (FY 2007) Wednesday, May 9, 2007, noon-1:30 pm
- (FY 2008) Wednesday, September 26, 2007, noon-1:30 pm
- (FY 2008) Wednesday, February 13, 2008, noon-1:30 pm
- (FY 2008) Thursday, March 20, 2008, noon-1:30 pm
Download the FY 2007 Small Projects Program Application and Guidelines.*
Download the FY 2008 Small Projects Program Application and Guidelines.*
For more information, or to request an application in HTML format, please email Ebony Blanks or call (202) 724-5613.
You may type information directly onto the online form, then print a copy and mail it in with the required support materials to the Commission.
For more information on the Small Projects Program or to receive an application in the mail, please call (202) 724-5613.