The mission of the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts (PCA) is to foster the excellence, diversity and vitality of the arts in Pennsylvania and to broaden the availability and appreciation of those arts throughout the state.
Individual Creative Artists Track: Fellowships & Apprenticeships
Activity Period: January 1 - December 31. All funded activities must take place during this time period.
Description: The PCA supports outstanding Pennsylvania artists by awarding Fellowships on an annual basis. Award amounts are either $5,000 and $10,000.Fellowships are offered in a variety categories of artistic discipline. The categories, listed below, are organized into two groups, with deadlines on the first business day of August in alternating years: e.g. 2006, 2008, 2010, etc. Folk Arts Apprenticeships are offered annually. Contact the PCA for assistance in determining your artistic category, group and application deadline.
Even Calendar Year Application Deadlines: August 2008, 2010, 2012, etc.
- Arts Commentary - Perspectives on the Arts;
- Folk & Traditional Arts - Craft Traditions and Apprenticeships;
- Literature - Fiction or Creative Non-Fiction;
- Media Arts - Narrative and Animation;
- Music - Jazz/Blues/World or Non-Classical Composition;
- Theatre - New Performance Forms;
- Visual Arts - Photography or Sculpture/Installation
Odd Calendar Year Application Deadlines: August 2007, 2009, 2011, etc.
- Dance - Choreography
- Folk & Traditional Arts - Performing Traditions and Apprenticeships;
- Literature - Poetry;
- Media Arts - Documentary and Experimental;
- Music - Classical Composition;
- Theatre - Scriptworks (for playwrights and screenwriters);
- Visual Arts - Painting or Artist Books/Drawing/Printmaking or New Technologies/Other Genres
For complete details, visit the website.