Saturday, April 07, 2007

Call for Baltimore Artists

Deadline: May 7, 2007

University Baptist Church, located in Charles Village, is inviting artists from the Baltimore area to participate in its first annual benefit art show at the end of June, 2007.

Open to artists who live in the Baltimore area.

All types of work will be considered, including, painting, drawing, sculpture, printmaking, photography, textiles, digital art, performance, installation (installation gallery space is available), film and video, and craft arts. Size of two and three dimensional work must be limited to 6 ft. in height, width and/or span, with the exception of submissions of outdoor sculpture. All subject matter will be considered, including art styles that push the conventional edge. Work will be displayed in a formal gallery setting.

The show will be up from June 22 – July 6. Opening will take place the evening of June 22. The show will be locally advertised to the Baltimore community and nationally recognized through the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship denomination.

20% of any sales will go to benefit the fight against AIDS in Africa. The artist keeps the other 80%.

We are also looking for designs to put on T-Shirts that will be sold in conjunction with the gallery to benefit the cause against AIDS. These designs do not need to be related to AIDS or Africa.

Please submit 3-6 images of work, in slide or digital format, along with artist statement and biography and any necessary proposal materials to:

August Bellanca
Art Gallery Submissions
University Baptist Church
3501 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21218