All Oregon artists are invited to participate in CAM Biennial 2006 to be held at the Coos Art Museum from October 20 through November 25, 2006. This exhibition provides artists residing in Oregon the opportunity to exhibit their works to the public within an Art Museum without the extensive curating or jurying process. CAM Biennial 2006 will be displayed throughout all 5 of Coos Art Museum's Galleries.
OPENING NIGHT RECEPTION:
Friday, October 20, 2006 from 5 - 7pm.
Open to the Public
PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD: Winner will be given a solo exhibition at CAM in 2007
Voting for a "People's Choice" selection will be conducted by Museum visitors during the entire run of the exhibition through the closing at 4:00 pm on Saturday, November 25, 2006. The winner will be contacted by December 1, 2006. Winner's exhibition proposal must meet Coos Art Museum Exhibition's Committee criteria prior to installation at Coos Art Museum in 2007.
ARTISTS ELIGIBITILY: Artists who live in Oregon; recent works 3 years old or less.
Original works of art created in the past 3 years (2004 - 2006) by artists who reside in Oregon are eligible for entry. No commercial artwork, or reproductions of any kind will be accepted.
ELIGIBLE ART MEDIUMS: Allowed with the following criteria
- Paintings - limitation of 48 inches in any direction - this includes the frame.
- Drawings - limitation of 48 inches in any direction - this includes the frame.
- Hand pulled prints, etchings, serigraphs - limitation of 48 inches in any direction - this includes the frame.
- Photography (film or digital, giclee printing acceptable) - limitation of 48 inches in any direction - this includes the frame.
- Mixed media - limitation of 48 inches in any direction - this includes the frame.
- Fiber & textiles - wall hangings - limitation of 48 inches in any direction - this includes the frame
- Fiber & textiles - wearable - must supply display device
- Small sculptures - weight limitation of 50 lbs and 48" in any direction
- Glass - blown, fused or leaded stained - if to be suspended, must include a secure hanging or display device
- Turned and carved wood - weight limitation of 50 lbs and 48" in any direction
- Jewelry - only if ALL elements were created by the artist
NOTE: If your work is a replica of another person's work - Title MUST contain notation of the original work and original artist. Example: "..........A Study of the Mona Lisa, by Leonardo DaVinci"
NOTE: If you are unsure on ELIGIBILITY, contact Coos Art Museum.
ACCEPTANCE: Coos Art Museum reserves the right to reject any work(s). Receipt of works at the Museum prior to the opening does not constitute acceptance into the exhibition.
SUBMISSION LIMIT AND DATES: Artist may submit up to three (3) pieces of their original artwork ONLY during the following dates/times:
- Thursday, October 12, 2006 from 10am - 6pm
- Friday, October 13, 2006 from 10am - 6pm
- Saturday October 14, 2006 from 10am - 5pm
HANDLING FEE: Non-refundable handling fee is $15 for one submission, $10 each for the second and third submissions.
READY FOR DISPLAY: All works must ARRIVE ready for hanging (matted, mounted and framed, well-anchored, substantial wires are required) with a 48" in any direction limitation.
No strings or tape allowed!
- Wearable art must include a display device.
- 3 dimensional works - if to be suspended, must include an adequate hanging or display device.
- Sculptures have a 50 lb limitation.