CAA invites curators to submit proposals for exhibitions whose openings will coincide with the Annual Conference. The upcoming conferences are:
- Dallas, Texas, February 20 - 23, 2008. Deadline extended: October 31, 2006
- Los Angeles, California, February 25 - 28, 2009. Deadline: September 1, 2007
There are no limitations on the theme or media of work to be included in the exhibition, except that it must be a group show of contemporary art. CAA�s Exhibitions Committee reviews and judges proposals based on merit. CAA provides support for the exhibition with a grant of up to $10,000. An additional grant of $5,000 is available for an exhibition catalogue to be printed in sufficient numbers for distribution to all Annual Conference attendees.
Proposals must be submitted by e-mail and should include the following information:
- Name(s) of curator(s) or organizer(s), affiliation(s), and c.v.(s)
- A brief statement of no more than 250 words describing the exhibition's theme and explaining any special or timely significance
- Identification of the designated venue, including a brief description of the exhibition space, its staffing and security features, and the approval for this exhibition by the venue's appropriate officer or authority
- A detailed exhibition budget for expenses and income, showing other anticipated sources of funding or in-kind support
Please send your proposal by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Written inquiries may be addressed to: Emmanuel Lemakis, Director of Programs, Re: Exhibitions Committee, CAA, 275 Seventh Ave., 18th Floor, New York, NY 10001.