Application deadline - Friday 15 September 2006
The Program provides successful applicants the opportunity to work and live in Birrarung, a heritage mud brick house and studio situated in a secluded bush setting.
Birrarrung is an historic environment designed in harmony with the natural bush. It is situated on protected bush land owned by the State and managed by Parks Victoria.
It is located at 195 Laughing Waters Road, Eltham, Victoria, Australia and is approximately thirty kilometres east of Melbourne with the Yarra River in close proximity.This program is designed to:
- provide the opportunity for contemporary artists to develop their practice in an inspiring natural and cultural environment
- contribute to cultural development in the Shire of Nillumbik by providing opportunities for arts education and enjoyment of high quality creative activity
- raise awareness of the residency site and its significance on a local, national and international level
- help conserve the environmental and cultural values of the residency site
- profile the Shire of Nillumbik as a leading arts location in Victoria.
Applications are invited from visual artists. Proposals from other arts practitioners may be considered if the program requirements can be fulfilled.
The program supports emerging and established Australian and overseas artists supported by reputable art organisations or institutions. Joint and group pplications will also be considered.
Artist Information and Guidelines 2007
Application Form 2007
Laughing Waters Artist in Residence Program
Nillumbik Shire Council
PO Box 476
GREENSBOROUGH VIC 3088