Deadline: October 15, 2006
The Exhibitions Program is dedicated to making RoCA a leader in the Hudson Valley for presenting significant and challenging art. Our mission is to provide the region with a broad range of contemporary art expressions that support artists and curators.
Proposal deadline is Oct 15, 2006 for the exhibition season 2008 - 2009. The season runs Oct - May. RoCA presents two to six curated indoor group exhibitions annually in the Emerson Gallery. One-person exhibits are not accepted.
The Emerson Gallery is 1,800 square feet with a pitched ceiling, 22 feet at the highest point and 8 feet at its lowest point , 200 linear display feet, with wood floors. The gallery has standard heating with no special heating or humidity controls. The lighting is both natural and incandescent.
It is a RoCA policy that curators may not include their own work in exhibitions that they are curating. Curators are expected to have a hands-on approach and are required to be on the premises during the exhibition installation. Curators receive an honorarium.
Exhibition proposals must include ::
- A typed curatorial statement, not more than 125 words that includes the concept of the exhibit.
- At least 10 images representative of work being considered for inclusion in proposed exhibit. Images should be printed hard copies, slides or CD-ROM.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae listing curatorial experience
- A current resume or bio of proposed artists to be included in exhibition.
- Indicate any special technical requirements or gallery preparation.
- A SASE is required for the return of materials