2007 Call for Entry Forms will be available on line in August, 2006. http://www.thequilt.com/volunteers/entry_form.html
Below is a list of the terms and conditions that we ask you to follow to allow your quilt to be included in THE QUILT: A Breast Cancer Support Project. http://www.thequilt.com/volunteers/call_for_entry.html
- All quilt projects adhering to this agreement will be accepted and there is NO ENTRY FEE.
- Quilt Categories
Any size quilt is welcome, from bed size to wall-hanging and must be quilted using batting or flannelette.
There Are Four Quilt Categories:
� Large Bed Quilt
- Designed to be used as a bed covering. Quilts should exceed standard mattress size by a minimum of 20 inches on the width and length for king, queen, and double sized beds.
� Small Bed Quilt
- Designed to be used as a bed covering or throw. Crib quilts, lap quilts, quilts for youth or twin beds, and other small bed quilts are included in this category. Bed coverings should exceed standard mattress size by a minimum of 20 inches on the width and length.
� Bed Quilts Standard Mattress Sizes:
- King 76x80, Queen 60x80, Double 54x75, Twin 39x75, Crib 27x52
� Wall Hanging
- Designed to be hung for decorative purposes.
� Other - Please specify
All quilts must have a finished rod pocket or sleeve sewn to the back of the quilt at the top. It should measure 6" deep and be the full width of the quilt.
Attach a FABRIC LABEL, minimum 6" x 6" to the bottom right corner of the quilt back. The label should include the following: donor name or name of the group; quilt title; quilters' name(s); city and province or state; year; and quilt size in inches. This information makes an invaluable historic reference and connection for the buyer of your quilt.
All entries should include a personal story of 100 words maximum for the catalogue. We are unable to proofread or edit stories so PLEASE ensure your story is as you want it to appear. Your story must accompany this entry form. You may choose to include a longer story for display with your quilt. Please send the display story with your quilt project, typed and laminated on a sheet 8.5" x 11" in size.
Please include your favourite photo memory to be displayed with your quilt; a picture of your group working on the quilt, who inspired you to make the quilt or just a favourite picture of yourself.
Be creative and send us your photo attached to an 8.5" x 11" laminated sheet. NOTE: You may wish to include the photo with the story on the same laminated 8.5" x 11" sheet. Regrettably we are unable to return photographs.
Deadlines. All entry forms and stories must be received in our office by November 30, 2006. Entry forms received after November 30, 2006 will be included in the 2008 exhibition.
Quilts are due in our office no later than January 31, 2007.
Quilts received after January 31, 2007, will be included in the 2008 exhibition.
The value of the quilt donation will be determined by a qualified third party for THE QUILT: A Breast Cancer Support Project. Tax receipts for the fair market value of your quilt will be mailed to you in January 2008.
- Quilts will be used at the discretion of THE QUILT: A Breast Cancer Support Project for fund-raising purposes, with all monies raised going to support those diagnosed and directly affected by breast cancer through outreach programs across Canada.
Please Note: The Quilt Project reserves the right to limit the number of entries for the 2007 exhibition. Get your Call for Entry form in early.By Mail or Courier
THE QUILT: A Breast Cancer Support Project
55 Downie Street
Stratford, ON N5A 1W7